Interacting with digital, three-dimensional art is a regular part of life today – in movies, video games, architecture, commercials, and animation.
In 3D Modeling I and II, students will learn 3D modeling techniques that professionals use. They’ll use 3ds Max to manipulate and sculpt pure imagination into substantial digital art, resulting in a portfolio of original projects that they can use when applying for an internship, higher education, or a job.
Successful completion of this course will prepare students for the Autodesk 3ds Max Certified User Exam.
Outcomes & Objectives
Create a portfolio of objects designed in 3D using 3ds Max
Students will be able to…
- Identify and navigate the different areas of the interface
- Identify and navigate the viewports
- Use the navigation tools to efficiently design primitive objects
- Make effective use of 3D space
- Effectively transform objects in 3D space
3D Modeling in Action
Hear more about 3D Modeling from the student, teacher, and Zulama trainer perspective.
Here are some examples of past student work completed in this course:
Inside 3D Modeling
Recommended Course Sequence
Students who complete this course will be more prepared for careers such as:
- Aerospace Engineer
- Animator, Multimedia Artist
- Art Director
- Automotive Engineer
- Game Publisher, Designer, Developer
- Geospacial Information Scientist and Technologist
- Graphic Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Media-Related Career
- Network Systems and Data Communication
- Software Engineer
- Urban Planner
- Video Game Tester
- Web Developer