Why a Studio?
How can your students think outside of the box when they are stuck inside one?
Here are some suggestions to help you create the optimal studio space:
- Divide the room into creative sections (for example: brainstorming, building, playing)
- Walls painted in bright, cheery colors, brightly colored artwork
- Storage space for art materials and unfinished projects
- Tables coated with marker-erasable paint
- Table space for students to comfortably design and build projects
- Mobile furniture
- Tables for group work and large projects
- Lounging/game playing areas, beanbag chairs
- An interactive projector
- Laptops/netbooks for freedom of movement
- Wireless internet
Apply for an Active Learning Center Grant from Steelcase.
Here are a few examples of high-quality studio designs.