Game Design Bootcamp
Learn the mechanics of game design, the creative process of designing a game, and practice what you learn by making your own game! You will design, build and decorate a game that you and your friends test and play.
Summer Program Topics
- Overview of Games and the Creative Process (idea generation, brainstorming)
- What is a Game?
- What is Game Design?
- The Game Design Process
- Game Development (paper prototyping, testing, and revising)
- Game Mechanics and Dynamics
Length: Approximately 30 hours.
Ages/Grade Levels: Recommended for 8th-12th graders.
- Zulama provides an instructor, materials and curriculum for $2,200. Travel, meals, and lodging not included (billed at cost).
- Up to 30 students per instructor.
- Teachers/adults are encouraged to participate (no extra cost).
- For an additional $200, our instructor will conduct daily post-workshop training so your teachers can lead future Game Design Workshops.
- Most schools charge students $300 to $350 each.
- Snacks, drinks, and lunches can be provided at cost plus a 10% administrative fee.
Day 1 Morning: Game Theory and Discussion, Afternoon: Play Existing Game
Day 2 Morning: Game Theory and Brainstorm, Afternoon: Create Rough Prototype
Day 3 Morning: Playtest and Game Theory, Afternoon: Workshop
Day 4: Workshop
Day 5 Morning: Workshop, Afternoon: Final Critique