Science Game Design
Science is everywhere, from tiny bacteria to space travel. You will team up with friends to build and play a game about a popular science topic of your choice.
This Short Course is part of our Game Design Fundamentals Package, a set of nine courses that are perfect for embedding into middle and high school courses, or using in summer camps and after school programs.
Students will be able to…
- Define the four elements of game design: mechanics, story, aesthetics, and technology
- Design a science game prototype
- Develop a design document that explains the game elements
- Playtest, iterate, and present a final version of a game
Total Completion Time
Approximately 15 Hours
Here are some examples of the work that students will complete in this course:
Inside Science Game Design
Materials & Games
- Basic art supplies such as construction paper, markers, colored pencils, scissors, tape, glue, rulers, straws, masking tape, and cardboard
Software and Hardware Specs