Science Game Design
This Short Course is part of our Game Design Fundamentals Package, a set of nine courses that are perfect for embedding into middle and high school courses, or using in summer camps and after school programs.
Science is everywhere, from tiny bacteria to space travel. You will team up with friends to build and play a game about a popular science topic of your choice.
Students will be able to…
- Define the four elements of game design: mechanics, story, aesthetics, and technology
- Design a science game prototype
- Develop a design document that explains the game elements
- Playtest, iterate, and present a final version of a game
Total Completion Time
Approximately 15 Hours
Here are some examples of the work that students will complete in this course:
Inside Science Game Design
Materials & Games
- Basic art supplies such as construction paper, markers, colored pencils, scissors, tape, glue, rulers, straws, masking tape, and cardboard