Use GameSalad to make your own mobile game. Activities include using tutorials, “modding” games, wireframing, storyboarding, and playtesting. Explore game design principles such as game objectives, feedback, and progression.
Students will be able to…
- Identify game design principles found in many mobile games
- Use GameSalad, a free game design toolkit
- Balance an unbalanced game
- Apply progression and feedback to a game
- Effectively playtest a game
Total Completion Time
Approximately 20 Hours
Here are some examples of the projects that students complete in this course:
Inside Making Mobile Games
Software and Hardware Specs
GameSalad must be downloaded and installed onto computers with a Mac or Windows operating system. GameSalad is not supported by devices such as Chromebooks or iPads.
Zulama-licensed schools can purchase GameSalad licenses at an exclusive price of $26/computer. Contact Zulama at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to receive this discounted rate.