Arcade Game Design
You will use Scratch and a Hummingbird robotics kit to build your own arcade game. Learn the fundamentals of game design and coding as you use LEDs, motors, and sensors to create a game that lights up and moves.
Students will be able to…
- Use Scratch to program a complex set of instructions using the Hummingbird technology
- Assemble an interconnected set of Hummingbird components to create an arcade game
- Build a playable robotic arcade game
Total Completion Time
Approximately 18 Hours
Here are some examples of the work that students will complete in this course:
Inside Arcade Game Design
Materials & Games
- One Hummingbird Duo Base Kit for every 2-3 students
- Access to Scratch
- Basic art supplies such as construction paper, markers, colored pencils, scissors, tape, glue, rulers, straws, masking tape, and cardboard
Software and Hardware Specs
Students will access Scratch 2 here.
You can purchase Hummingbird Duo Base Kits here.