Why do we cry at movies?
Or cheer? Why do thrillers put us on the edge of our seats?
It’s all thanks to storytelling.
Our Screenwriting course helps students understand, critique, and write dramatic stories for modern media like movies, games, and television. They’ll craft original stories and develop skills in creative writing, collaborative storytelling, awareness, provisional acting, and creative self-confidence.
Outcomes & Objectives
Outline and write original stories for modern media
Students will be able to…
- Identify the elements of dramatic storytelling
- Articulate the importance of conflict in story structure
- Create one or more acts built around an interesting theme that incorporates rising action
- Develop well defined archetype and hero characters
- Present final, creative script for peer review
Screenwriting in Action
Hear more about Screenwriting from the student, teacher, and Zulama trainer perspective.
Here are some examples of past student work completed in this course:
Recommended Course Sequence
Students who complete this course will be more prepared for careers such as:
- Corporate Trainer
- Game Publisher, Designer, Developer
- Media-Related Career
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planner
- Project Manager
- Technical Writer
- Urban Planner
- Video Game Tester
- Web Developer
- Writer, Author, Editor